PATA is the most significant workshop on paleoseismology, active tectonics and archaeoseismology of the INQUA TERPRO commission. For first time in South America, we are honored to host the 12th PATA event. Located in the active margin formed by the subduction of the Nazca Plate beneath the South American Plate; a unique tectonic setting for the assessment of megathrust episodes, upper-plate paleo-earthquakes, and paleotsunami records, and their relationship with surface processes and landscape evolution at the Quaternary timescale.
WE INVITE PRESENTATIONS ON:
- Active tectonics/neotectonics.
- Tectonic geomorphology
- Surface faulting
- Tsunami and paleotsunami records
- Earthquake-induced landslides
- Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment
- Probabilistic Fault Hazard Displacement Analysis
- Quaternary geochronology
- Shallow geophysics for seismic hazard assessment
- Remote sensing of earthquake deformation (LiDAR, InSAR)
- Seismicity, geodesy, and crustal deformation